The base of this type of racking is equipped with an electrical motor and remote push-pull elements allowing the racks to move along the tracks in order to open only one forklift access aisle.
Mobile pallet racking is a high density storage system, providing simple access for conventional forklift pallets. Its versatility permits its adaptation to both the load type and the type of forklift.
A series of technical and organizational protective measures are in place to ensure that the movement of the shelving does not pose a risk.
The features of the AR Mobile racking system make it the ideal storage system for cold storage and deep-freeze units, thanks to the reduction in the total volume to be cooled.
The AR Mobile Bases System for pallets is designed to compact the shelving facility and significantly increase warehouse capacity.
This is a high density system as the individual access aisles found in conventional racking systems have been eliminated, leaving just one aisle.
In the Mobile Pallet Racking, the aisle to be accessed for work is automatically opened using electric motors and moving components fitted on the base of the racking. The operator gives the order to open via the remote control.
The operator is responsible for sending from the remote control or main control the order to open the racking which has 2 main operating modes:
- In the “automatic or opening operating mode”, with the compaction of the racking blocks one after the other, it is possible to open space for the work aisle in which you want to load or unload the unit load.
- In the “night setting mode”, all the aisles of the installation open automatically and uniformly having the same but reduced width between each other, thus favouring the improvement of air circulation inside the cold rooms.
As this is a compact system, the surface area occupied by the storage system can be reduced. Perfect when the cost of floor space is high or when it is necessary to increase the storage capacity but not possible to increase the surface area.
The application of the Mobile pallet racking system reduces the total volume of the installation, making it essential for use in refrigerated and freezer chambers at medium and low height.
The savings in energy help to quickly pay off the installation.
The advantages of mobile pallet racking arise from its capacity for maximum compaction of the structure, while maintaining direct access to all unit loads.
- Industrial mobile racking adapts to any space, weight, or size of the goods, and is compatible with other automatic or conventional storage systems.
- Efficient use of space. High density storage system, i.e., the same space with a higher storage capacity
- Energy savings: control of lighting and reduction of space to be cooled. Only the aisle that is open is lit. Once the rack is fully loaded, the lighting for that row is automatically switched off.
- Direct access to any stored pallet, implying a saving in time.
- Perfect for Refrigeration chambers or deep-freeze units thanks to the reduced volume to be cooled. It also permits air circulation. In the “night-time configuration” mode, all the aisles of the installation open automatically and uniformly, with an identical but reduced width between each one. This helps to improve air circulation within the refrigeration chambers.
- Reduction of times for manoeuvre and displacement with the forklift, using the remote control to select the aisle required for work.
- Allows picking work to take place at lower levels.
- The forklift truck type used in adjustable pallet racking zones can still be used here.
- Reduced operating costs thanks to excellent use of space.
Mobile pallet racking, as an excellent compaction system, will be of optimal application for customers with the following storage needs:
- Warehouses whose main need is to optimise the available space, either because it is small or because of its high price per square metre.
- Warehouses where direct access is necessary to each unit load.
- Storage of goods that do not have a high turnover.
- Storage in cold rooms or freezing chambers. It is the ideal system for these situations due to the high density of the system and the correct temperature distribution that it allows with night mode.
The base structure of mobile pallet racking is based on adjustable pallet racking, i.e., a simple structure consisting of frames, beams and accessories.
The peculiarity in this case is that this structure has a series of specific elements that enable the mobility of the racking.
Its specific components for operation as mobile racking include a main control, laser barriers on the mobile base and front protection, floor rails and start and aisle check buttons.
The mobile pallet racking system is especially suitable for cold rooms and freezing chambers, both at low and medium height.
Rails built into the floor of the warehouse for the movement of the shuttles that support the structure of the mobile bases.
Safety laser device located on the front that provides information to the main control on the position of each block of racks to prevent potential risks or obstacles.
Safety laser device with the same risk prevention objective as the front protection, but located on the base of the racking.
Safety device to ensure each work aisle generated with the compaction of the structure.
Complementary control button to the main control to order the start or stop of any of the mobile pallet racking blocks.
Mobile pallet racking operations centre, which combined with the remote control, registers, orders and processes the different operating modes.
It has various control buttons and a screen that displays the information.
Electrical distribution wiring system which is responsible for supplying electricity to the electric motor of each block of racks and therefore closing the electrical circuit to ensure the operation of the system.
In addition to the specific elements, the basic components that make up the structure are:
The frames are one of the basic components of the structure and consist of 2 uprights, their corresponding diagonals, baseplates and fixing elements.
Unlike adjustable pallet racking, in mobile pallet racking the frames will not be anchored to the floor, but rather to shuttles that ensure the movement of the structure.
The upright is the main vertical component of the frame and is galvanised.
The baseplate is a structural component joined to each upright that distributes the load and enables its anchoring to the shuttle.
Beams are the horizontal elements which support the load and join the frames together.
They have connectors which fit into the drill holes of the upright and provide an extremely firm and safe joint system, increasing their load capacity.
AR Racking’s wide range of beams includes a wide variety of types, lengths and load capacities to adapt to the specific needs of each warehouse.
Mobile pallet racking systems comply with the strictest European safety standards, and also come with AR Racking’s quality guarantee.
Our mobile pallet racking basic component production process is fully automated: it incorporates state-of-the-art profiling machines with a continuous cutting process and laser measurement control, welding centres and automated painting and packaging processes, which guarantee the highest quality parameters.
Our mobile pallet racking systems are designed in our exclusive R&D&I technology centre supported by its advanced engineering project development area, allowing us to respond suitably to the most demanding logistics requirements.
The Research and Testing Laboratory developed in collaboration with the University of Mondragón provides our product area with the appropriate tools for the testing and analysis of our mobile pallet racking systems.
It simulates, calculates and researches the efficacy of the geometries, and makes full structural calculations on the behaviour of systems already installed.
The quality reliability of our mobile pallet racking solutions means we are able to offer 5-year guarantees against all types of manufacturing or hidden defects in the components of the main structure of our racking solutions.
Since 2016, the uprights and beams of our mobile pallet racking components have included a pioneering traceability system in the sector.
With this system, the various above-mentioned elements have an identifying mark, which means that each upright and beam can be traced and documented, and that information is therefore available on which component it is, its design and what raw material has been used in its manufacture.
- ISO 9001: 2008
- ISO 18001: 2004
- OSHAS 18001: 2007
- Welding certificate: UNE EN ISO 3834-2: 2006
- Galvanized steel corrosion resistance certificate: UNE EN ISO 14713-1
- Galvanized steel reaction to fire: EN 13501-1: 2007
Our projects and customers speak for us. With more than 26,000 projects carried out in over 60 countries, we have satisfied customers from various sectors: food and beverage, automotive, distribution, electronics, pharmacy and cosmetics, industrial and transport and logistics.
Below are some of the mobile pallet racking projects we have made public in recent years: